Sunday, August 21, 2016

Who Needs A Whole List? I Just Needed ONE Thankful!

I have many things for which I could make a thankful list this week. I could say I'm thankful that I got to spend last weekend in St. Louis having the BEST time with my friend Christine (and there's a post nearly done about that). I could say I'm thankful for the trip I made on Monday to the state fair with my dad (and there's a post nearly done about THAT). Or how my daughter started her senior year in high school this week. And the College Boy headed back to school for HIS senior year. And then there's how I decided to try a different hair color just for kicks and it ended up being MUCH darker than I expected. MUCH. But it has faded some already and I kind of like it and have gotten several compliments on it, along with compliments for the new hair cut I got on Friday. I could also say I'm thankful the weather has been cooler this week, giving us a smidge of a taste of things to come. 


My two seniors, one high school,
one college. 

Instead of listing all those thankfuls, however, I am just going to put down one. And it's worth ten EASILY.

Today, after weeks and weeks of procrastination, the College Boy, with me cracking a whip over his head, finished his medical school application (which was L-E-N-G-T-H-Y and included a personal statement and lists of activities and descriptions of each) ...

...AND HE HIT "SEND"!

It. Is. Done. For now, anyway. Now we wait to see if any of the schools he has applied to will want him, and then there will be secondary applications and probably MORE essays and more chances to procrastinate, but for now, for this very moment in time, the application is completed and submitted.

Thank you, God, for preventing me from strangling him throughout this process.


Click. SENT.

It's not too late to join the Ten Things of Thankful. Close, but not too late! Get busy and write 'em up!




Ten Things of Thankful


 Your hosts


8 comments:

  1. Frist....ha I know it's way too early for anyone,what can I say except I can't sleep ....anyway congratulations to your son's effort wishing him a good luck.
    Sounds like you had a good week too and I am also happy it did end with any strangulation lol☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say ....it didn't end with a strangulation!!!
      Whew!🤗🤗

      Delete
    2. I meant to say ....it didn't end with a strangulation!!!
      Whew!🤗🤗

      Delete
  2. Frist....ha I know it's way too early for anyone,what can I say except I can't sleep ....anyway congratulations to your son's effort wishing him a good luck.
    Sounds like you had a good week too and I am also happy it did end with any strangulation lol☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool.... and clearly you've taught him the most basic rule in life (in this Jetsonian Century), 'it don't count, until you hit 'SEND'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Procrastination is universal.
    :-)
    Medical school applications. How exciting. I have a friend who applied and was accepted and went to medical school in Ireland. Any out of the country applications in there? Good luck to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the med school applications. What a pain! My son is working on secondary applications now. We're hoping for an acceptance this go-round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made it in! Well done! Looking forward to reading your upcoming posts, and to seeing a PICTURE OF YOU WITH FANCY HAIR...and hooray for not strangling a future medic!

    ReplyDelete