Monday, July 30, 2012

Pass Me A Doughnut

Joy, oh, joy, it's surgery time again! I asked for this one, though, so I'm going into it with a little different perspective from that little ol' 12 hour surgery of four months ago.



Guns Don't Kill People, Hemorrhoids Kill  People


I have laid in a supply of high fiber cereals, juice, fruit, and milk of magnesia (ugh). However, I refused to spend $20 on a doughnut pillow (although I would spend $20 on REAL doughnuts without batting an eyelash) and will just use a soft pillow from around the house if I need it. 





I spent the afternoon researching and reading testimonials on-line from others who have had hemorrhoid surgery. It hasn't been pretty. Lots of moaning and wailing about all the pain afterwards (mostly from men, now that I think about it), and that reminded me of the blog I read before my first surgery by a woman who had had the same procedure done. SHE whined and carried on and had me TERRIFIED that I was in for quite an ordeal. In fact, she is one of the reasons I started this blog, because I hoped someone, somewhere, would find it instead of (or in addition to) HER blog and see that bilateral mastectomy and tram flap reconstruction isn't always that horrific. 






So, maybe I'm living in fantasy land, but I'm going into the big H surgery with the expectation that it will be uncomfortable, maybe even painful for the first 24 hours, but nothing I can't handle. I am a WARRIOR (or an idiot). Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment